ShareFile is a secure web-based file storage and transfer utility that allows large files to be shared between Freedom CAD and our customers. Below is an overview of the main features and security as well as a guide to using the system. If you do not have an account, one can be requested at the link below.
Requesting a ShareFile Account
- From the FCS Website: Under the “Support” menu, click on ShareFile > Request Access or click here to be taken directly to the page.
- You will receive an e-mail at the address you’ve provided with your username, temporary password, and a link to the login page.
- The first time you login you will be asked to choose a permanent password and verify your information
You may log in from one of two places:
- From the FCS Website: Under the “Support” menu, click on ShareFile > Secure Login
- Bookmark this page for quick access in the future.
If you have not received your password or have forgotten it:
- Click on the “Forgot your password?” link from the login page (https://freedomcad.sharefile.com), you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Home Screen: Reference Below Image
- When you login you will see a list of all files that have been uploaded to your company’s folder, who uploaded them, their size, and when they were uploaded. Here you can click on a file to download it, upload a new file, delete a file, or create a subfolder to organize new uploads if you have multiple projects.
- Below the file list are your notification settings; here you can choose to be notified when a file is uploaded to your company folder by checking the appropriate box. When this is turned on you will receive an email with a link to download the file, by default these notifications are turned OFF.
- At the bottom of your Home Screen is a list of everyone within your company that has access to the folder. By default, only full- time U.S. Freedom CAD employees are given access to your folder. If you are working with a Freedom CAD contractor they will be given access to your folder when needed.
Uploading Files & Sending Notifications
- Click on the “Upload Files” button from you home screen or click on the subfolder you would like to upload files to.
- Click the “Choose Files” button or drag and drop the file from your desktop to the upload window. If you are adding multiple files (drawings, schematics, etc.) for a single project it is recommended that you combine them in a Zip file.
- If you selected “Choose Files,” click the “Browse” button and select a file from your computer.
- It is recommended that you enter a relevant title and description for your upload by clicking the small arrow to the left of your file in the upload window.
- If you check the box to email users, you will have the option to send a notification of the upload to specific users using the “Send email notifications when finished” option. You can send notifications to anyone with access to your company folder including Freedom CAD employees. 6. Click the “Upload” button.
You can connect to your account using an FTP client such as WS-FTP or FileZilla. To connect using an FTP client, use the settings below.
Your FTP user name includes your account’s subdomain to the left of your e-mail address. If you are unable to log in, or your FTP client does not allow you to enter the / and @ characters as part of your user name, you can use the shorter, alternate form to the right of your full user name.
FTP Server Information
Security: Implicit SSL/TLS (Port 990)
FTP Server: freedomcad.sharefileftp.com
User name: freedomcad/your email address here
Password: (your ShareFile password)